Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any personal information on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Website. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
Below are examples of how data we collect, use, and share helps us create a better, safer experience on our website.
- Providing products and services that enhance your shopping experience with us.
- Developing new products and services to meet your needs.
- Better understanding your use of our products, services, and websites
- Determining your satisfaction with our programs and services
- Handling customer service cases
- Sending relevant information and personalized ads and other communications, including ways to save on items you buy most often or that you might like based on your past behavior.
- Providing personalized content and experiences on our websites, and mail
- Displaying personalized offers, information, and ads from Giftscircle® or our marketing partners.
- Responding to your comments, requests, questions, and applications for career opportunities
- Processing payments securely.
- Fulfilling orders correctly.
- Safeguarding the property or other rights of our customers, associates and the company.
- To detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecute those responsible for that activity.
- Legal compliance for purchase of certain products or where otherwise required by law.
In connection with your use of the Services, you may provide personal information to us in various ways. The types of personal information we obtain include:
- Contact information (such as name, email address, shipping address and instructions, postal code, telephone number, and personal ID)
- Login credentials to create an account on the Services (such as email address and password)
- Information contained on your social media public profile, to the extent you decide to create an account on the Services using your social media account.
- Information you choose to submit on your personalized public profile “My Page”, including web address name, username, photograph, links to your social media accounts and any other information.
- User generated content related to product reviews, comments, questions, and answers.
- Payment information, such as name, billing address, account number, and payment card details (including card number, expiration date and security code) for payments processed by us. To the extent any payments are processed by any other third parties such as PayPal or Apple Pay, then the privacy policies of those parties shall govern such information. We will not sell or give away your name, mail address, phone number, email address, credit card number or any other information to anyone.
- Order history, including information about products purchased or viewed on the Services.
- Social media information, such as social media handles, content and other data shared with us through third-party features that you use on our Services (such as apps, tools, payment services, widgets and plugins offered by social media services like Facebook, Google, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Twitter and YouTube) or posted on social media pages (such as our social media pages or other pages accessible to us).
- Other personal information contained in content you submit on the Services, such as through our “Contact Us” feature or other customer support tools and Country/region and language preference based on mobile device settings and/or IP.
- IP address, device, operating system, and browser information that we detect.
We will use the information we obtain through the Services as needed to fulfill our contractual obligation to provide you with the products and services you request and to deliver products ordered (including, but not limited to, transportation and customs clearance through related third-party service providers).
We also will use the information we obtain through the Services if we have a legitimate interest to do so, including to support the following functions and activities:
- Establishing and managing your account.
- Communicating with you about your account or transactions and sending you information about features and enhancements.
- Processing claims in connection with our products and services, and keeping you informed about the status of your order.
- Posting your product reviews and managing our Reviews program.
- Improving and customizing your experience with the Services, including providing recommendations based on your preferences.
- Marketing products to you and providing you with promotions, including special deals, coupons, discounts.
- Responding to your requests and inquiries and providing customer support, such as through our chat or other customer support tools.
- Operating, evaluating, and improving our business (including developing new services; enhancing and improving our Services; managing our communications; analyzing our user base and Services; performing data analytics and market research; and performing accounting, auditing, and other internal functions).
- Protecting against, identifying, and preventing fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities.
We will not disclose the information we collect about you to anyone outside of Giftscircle®, except in the following circumstances:
We disclose information to third-party service providers that we engage to provide us and you with various services ("Providers"). Examples of Providers include data analysis firms, credit card processing companies, companies that help fulfill your orders, website hosting providers, fraud detection and identity verification services, customer service, email and SMS vendors, auditing firms and other providers. Providers also include any co-promotion partners with which we jointly develop or market products or services. Some Providers may collect information on our behalf or through your use of the Site.
We may disclose the information we collect about you to third parties as part of a corporate business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, joint venture, or financing or sale of some or all our assets, including in the context of bankruptcy proceedings.
IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW
We also may disclose information about you: (1) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena); (2) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities; (3) to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; (4) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical or other harm or financial loss; (5) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity; (6) in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation); or (7) otherwise with your consent.
We offer you certain choices in connection with the personal information we obtain about you. For example, if you have created an account with us, you can change your communication preferences by logging into your account. To the extent provided by applicable law, you also can object to the use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes and unsubscribe from our marketing mailing lists by following the “Unsubscribe” link in our emails or contacting us as specified in the How to Contact Us section below. We will apply your preferences going forward.
To the extent provided by applicable law, you may: (1) request access to the personal information we maintain about you; (2) request that we update, correct, amend, or erase your information; or (3) request the restriction of our use of your personal information, by contacting us as specified in the How to Contact Us section below.
If you are located in the EEA and the UK, to the extent provided by applicable law, you also may object to the use of your personal information in certain situations in which we use that information based on our legitimate interests, as described above. In addition, to the extent provided by applicable law, you may receive, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, your personal information you have provided to us based on your consent or a contract to which you are party. You have the right to have this information transmitted to another company, where it is technically feasible. To exercise these rights, please contact us as specified in the How to Contact Us section below.
If you are located in Brazil you also may have the right to: (1) obtain confirmation that we process your personal information; (2) access your information; (3) correct incomplete, inaccurate or outdated information; (4) have certain information anonymized, blocked or erased; (5) obtain your personal information in a portable format; (6) erase personal information processed with your consent; (7) obtain information about third parties with whom your personal information has been shared; (8) obtain information about the possibility of refusing to provide consent and the corresponding consequences; and (9) withdraw your consent to the extent we have relied on such consent to process your personal information.
Depending on your location, you may have the right to file a complaint with a privacy regulator if you are not satisfied with our response.
www.giftscircle.com has taken strong measures to protect the security of your personal information and to ensure that your choices for its intended use are honored. We take strong precautions to protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
We guarantee your e-commerce transactions to be 100% safe and secure. When you place orders or access your personal account information, you're utilizing a secure server software SSL, which encrypts your personal information before it's sent over the Internet. SSL is one of the safest encryption technologies available.
www.giftscircle.com strictly protects the security of your personal information and honors your choices for its intended use. We carefully protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
Your personal information is never shared outside the company without your permission, except under conditions explained above. Inside the company, data is stored in password-controlled servers with limited access.
You also have a significant role in protecting your information. No one can see or edit your personal information without knowing your user name and password, so do not share these with others.
Our Website uses Google Analytics and may be able to see user’s referring site. Website does not respond to “do not track” signals, though users may be able to provide tracking instructions to Google Analytics. To opt out of Google Analytics, visit the Google Analytics opt-out page found at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and install the add-on for your browser. For more details on installing and uninstalling the add-on, please see the relevant help resources for your specific browser.
California Residents: Rights under California Law.
California Consumer Privacy Act
- You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and verify your request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which the personal information has been collected.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling any personal information.
- The categories of personal information about you that was sold or disclosed for a business purpose; and/or
- The categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold or disclosed for a business purpose, by category or categories of personal information for each category of third parties to whom the personal information was sold.
- You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and verify your request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
- We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our agreement with you. For example, we may not delete your personal information insofar as it is needed to honor our returns policy with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act.
- Enable internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
To exercise the rights described above, please submit a verifiable request to us by emailing us at Policy@giftscircle.com or calling us at 510-324-2903.
Only you or a person whom you authorize to act on your behalf may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. If you wish to authorize another to act on your behalf, please be advised that Giftscircle may require that you provide the authorized agent with signed written permission to submit a request and verify your own identity and confirm your permission directly with us, unless the authorized agent has a power of attorney. However, you may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not respond to your exercise of CCPA rights by:
- Denying you goods or services.
- Charging you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Providing you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggesting that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
We may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt in consent, which you may revoke at any time.